Baking soda is very easily available in every kitchen. It is generally used to Bake cakes & bread. This all-purpose powder, which many people already have around the house to clean the refrigerator, burned utensils,stains, Gasoline and oil odours. It is also a natural exfoliate that helps calm acne and over-productive oil glands. While it can make an effective skin scrub all on its own, you can pair baking soda with several other household products to pamper your skin and leave it smooth, fresh and clean. It may also be used for washing hair and cleansing & polishing of teeth.
Baking Soda DIY Masks
Please use a professional grade/organic baking soda free from aluminium
Mask for Basic Cleansing:
Mix 1 tablespoon cool water in a small bowl with 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda to form a thick liquid. Smooth the mixture over your clean face and let sit for five to 10 minutes -- shorter for drier skin, longer for oiler skin. Rinse with warm water, pat your face dry with a soft towel, and follow with a gentle, oil-free moisturiser.
Mask For Oily/ Acne Prone Skin
1) Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda into a small bowl and mix with 1 teaspoon honey and the juice from half a lemon. Smooth the mixture onto your face in a thin layer and let it sit for 15 minutes. Lemons, like orange juice, brighten skin. Honey is a naturally antibacterial moisturiser and helps soothe dry, combination or acne-prone skin.
2) Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a bowl and mix with the juice from half a lemon and few drops of tea tree oil. Apply generously to your face, wait for 10 minutes, then rinse. Pat your skin dry and then moisturise. Tea tree oil will provide natural acne relief.
Mask No 2 is my favourite as I have acne prone skin and it gives me results within few hours, whenever I have an outbreak of pimples/acne. I apply this mask and for 15-20 minutes and I get fantastic results every time Since baking soda in Alkaline in nature Ph 9 it zaps out pimples in a jiffy!!
Mask for Normal to Oily Skin Mask:
Blend 1 tablespoon baking soda with 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice in a small bowl. Rub the mixture onto clean skin, using gentle circular motions, and leave for up to 20 minutes. Rinse clean, pat your face dry and moisturise. The vitamin C in the orange juice will leave skin brighter, while the citric acid will help to exfoliate and make pores less visible.
Mask for Normal to Dry Skin
Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a bowl and 1 teaspoon mix with coconut oil and water to make thin paste. (You can try fragrance free coconut oil) Smooth the mixture and apply on your face in a thin layer and let it sit for 15 -30 minutes, then rinse. Pat your skin dry no need to moisturise.
PS: Oily Combination skin can also apply this mask for 10 minutes, please avoid monsoon season in sticky weather it may not work properly you and can increase the changes of attack of zombie acne on your face.
Other Health Uses:
- Add baking soda to your bath water to relieve sunburned skin
- Make a paste of baking soda and water, and apply to a burn or an insect bite for relief
- Add baking soda and apple cider vinegar to your regular shampoo to get rid of dandruff
- To remove pesticides, dirt, and wax from fresh fruits and vegetables, wash them in a large bowl of cool water to which you’ve added two to three tablespoons of baking soda.
- To rid of UTI and Acidity, Baking Soda in Alkaline and Ranked 9 on the PH Scale
Baking Soda Brand that I use: Urban Platter from Amazon.in